14 October 2010

an overdue farewell

Hey asphaltophiles,

This is old news to some of you, and of no consequence to others, BUT:

As you may or may not have noticed, I (Andie) have not been posting to this little blog. And that's because I am no longer an excavatrix! About two months ago I packed up my 18-year-old Honda and drove to the lovely twin cities of Champaign-Urbana, Illinois. I am in grad school for library and information science, with a specialization in data curation! It's super duper fascinating, I promise.

Carrie, senior excavatrix extraordinaire (and maybe others) has and will continue to update the blog, time permitting. Seeing as she is fully awesome, the blog under her guidance has been (and will be!) fully awesome as well.

So please, wish me luck in the soon-to-be-frozen north as my Californian blood is frozen solid this winter and my brain is filled with way too much information about information. And best of luck to all the diggers, present and future, of La Brea: may your trowels find tapirs, and your discovery marks be few.

Cheers,
Andie

No comments: